Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One Flower Wednesday, The Cowardly Lion, and Layer Cake Swap

"At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent" -Barbara Bush


According to my title I have three things to talk to you about today.....well the first two are really the same thing so I will just get to it.....
Today I am joining our Australian friends and posting my One Flower Wednesday Hexie on what is already Wednesday in Australia......(otherwise known as barely Tuesday in the USA)..........
Today the spotlight is on the third of Dorothy's travel partners to the Emerald City......and here he is......check him out.....


Cowardly Lion:
Courage. What makes a King out of a slave? Courage.
What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage.
What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?
What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage.
What makes the Sphinx the 7th Wonder? Courage.
What makes the dawn come up like THUNDER?! Courage.
What makes the Hottentot so hot?
What puts the "ape" in ape-ricot?
Whatta they got that I ain't got?
Dorothy & Friends:  Courage!
Cowardly Lion: You can say that again.

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"........love that movie!
You can see other beautiful Hexies by following the links at One Flower Wednesday

The next thing I want to tell you all about and invite you to join is a Novelty and Solids Layer Cake Swap  that my Sister at Hilachas  is making me help her with.  (grin) 
If you click on the link above or the image below you will be magically transported to the page at Hilachas where you can read ALL the rules and regulations and then if you STILL want to sign up (she's going to get me if I don't straighten up)........you can leave a comment and join us. 

Seriously we both are excited about this swap because we believe it is a good opportunity for all the swap partners to add some bigger pieces of novelty and solid fabrics to our stash.  We love the charm swaps but sometimes the charms just aren't big enough to capture enough of the novelty prints .


Please bear with us because we are both new to this even though my Sister figured everything out mathematically to the enth degree,  (there I go again.....) there may be some kinks we haven't anticipated. 
For this reason we are starting out with a smaller swap of only two yards per participant.  If this works out well and you all enjoy it we hope to do larger swaps in the future.

We will both be blogging about the Swap until all 24 slots are filled and are looking forward to having you join us!

Ta Ta For Now!





8 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the Lion!! Forgive me if you have already informed, but what are the characters going into?

Karen said...

Love, love, love the lion!!!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

The Lion's great, love your fabric choice!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your Lion flower is adorable!! I'm heading over to Irene's blog to check out the swap now. Thanks for the info.

Needled Mom said...

I love the lion flower. He is so cute and will go so well with the others.

Maria said...

Your lion hexies looks good.

Becky G said...

As you well know, I love the whole Wizard of Oz theme, and am particularly partial to the Cowardly Lion. The fabric surrounding him is perfect!
Your swap sounds great, but as I'm still a bit overwhelmed trying to catch up accounting work I missed in Jan-March, I best not commit to anything else, but I'll be watching! Fun post, thanks... b

Kris said...

Ida - Your hexie flower is darling - love the lion!! Kris