Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Belated Christmas Gifts......

 One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." ---Henry Ford

My Christmas holidays were wonderful......had such a good time with family and friends and I count my blessings..........and I am only too aware that not everyone is as fortunate as me.......

One of my co-workers lost her husband right before Christmas this year....he became ill right before Thanksgiving so her Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year were probably the worst she has ever had.......due to that we postponed our little Christmas "party" that we have during our shift and decided to celebrate at a later date....

That being said.....I waited to finish the gifts I was making for them until this week.................one of the ladies I work with love ALL things "Day of the Dead".....so I made her these two ghastly items.....lol.....I just happened to see her admiring an apron in a catelog one day and then heard her say how she was looking for a tortilla cozy but didn't like any of the ones she saw......she will like these!


 My other co-worker loves Star Trek memorabilia so I found a fabulous Starship Enterprise Fleece throw kit and tied it up for her.............I am still working on her Star Trek Tote bag, which I will show you as soon as I'm done.........



I hope you are all doing well so far in 2014.........I wish you all the best wishes for a wonderful year!



3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hello Ida, Happy New year! I do follow your blog, but don't leave many comments - sorry! I don't know if you are following the blog I set up for the PNG babies quilts (http://pateaquilts.blogspot.com.au/) but I just want to let you know that your lovely quilts are now in PNG, and will be distributed to native families over the coming weeks. My cousin plans to photograph each quilt with its new owner and email the pics to me, so I can publish them on the blog as I get them.

Needled Mom said...

The lovely gifts are so thoughtful as well. That tortilla warmer is darling and will be perfect with those fabrics.

It had to be a horrible holiday season for your friend. It's great that you postponed the gift exchange for her sake.

Helen said...

Happy new year Ida great gifts with so much thought !