Translate

Friday, January 10, 2014

Live Long and Prosper!


Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
— Mary Jean Irion



As I promised.......here is the photo of the Star Trek Tote for my Trekki friend...........I have used this pattern three times now and I really love it......I actually used the idea from another pattern but used my own measurements for the sides and pleats....I can buy a half yard of fabric and cut it into 4 pieces, then I add a 9 inch contrasting strip in the middle for the pleat.....
This time I decided to add snaps to the sides so that it can be used for large or small loads..................here is the bag with the sides open all the way...........


 Below is the bag with the sides snapped together.... Did you notice the fabulous Star Trek Command Insignia I found to embroider on the inside of the pleat?....The blue color you see is actually gray, by the way......I love this look with the sides snapped, don't you?


 I also found the Star Trek Medical insignia which I embroidered on the opposite side............I took this photo  last night and it actually shows the gray color more as it actually is.....




................and, of course....a label which is doubles as an inside pocket.............

  

I also whipped up a quick hanging towel to give to the third co-worker on my shift.... she is relatively new to the shift and I tried and tried to find out from her what her likes are and she just really couldn't tell me much more than she likes beiges and rocks and natural colors....and "eclectic" so I will have to wait til I get to know what she likes before I can make her something more suited to her personality.   I had to rely mostly on purchased items for her this year........

I did find a fabulous rock from my own collection to give her though!! My sister's ranch has tons of these gorgeous rocks....the holes formed by dripping water....


Well, as some of you might remember......this is Friday and the start of my work week tonight....................so I am going to go back upstairs and try to sew some more before it is time to get ready for work..........................Ta-ta for now........



 

10 comments:

Melody said...

Fabulous gifts and that rock really is marvellous.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the Tote!

Hilachas said...

You are just so creative with that tote bag. I love how you made it so special for your friend. I love those rocks too.

Helen said...

The tote looks incredible and the rock looks so interesting fabulous work .

Bobbie said...

Great bag any trekkie would adore it! I love the pattern. My Co workers only got popcorn from me. (of course there are 50 of them) :-)

Maria said...

Y our bag is just fabulous .

Needled Mom said...

I love the bag. It turned out so well and so versatile with the snaps for the sides. She will love the personalization on it too.

The new gal will appreciate all the work you went to in order to figure out her likes. The rock is perfect and so interesting.

I hope it is a quiet weekend at work.

Anthea said...

Hi Ida, great job with the tote, your friend will love it!
And the rock is amazing - it looks so arty x

Janet said...

The bag is wonderful! Your friend will love it. And I think you pulled the perfect colours for your neutral loving co-worker. My hubby would love to examine some of those rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Love your Star Trek bag - what a great idea! The hanging towel is wonderful. I love those and my last one is wearing out. I was going to make some, but I wanted some pot holders for the tops, and those are darned hard to find in TN!