Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pin Cushion Mania continues.....and an Invitation.....



Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance. ~Author Unknown


I made some more pin cushions this week.........many come from ideas I have found on Pinterest and then adapted them to my own interpretation............I found this little wicker box and made it a tiny container pin cushion......



............this was a candle holder I had for a long time........I couldn't decide whether to glue the pin cushion down or not and finally decided to leave it just where the pin cushion can be taken out and then stored on the holder...........

 
............I found this idea on Pinterest.....the container I found at Good Will.........lol...........
 
 
............Another Second Hand store find.......a vintage cup and saucer is transformed into a pretty pin cushion.....
............and then I decided to "bake" a couple of pies.....
I use cotton low loft batting for the "crust" and then paint it with a strong brewed tea to make it look browned on top......
 
 
 

I think, perhaps, that I am coming to the end of my "Pin Cushion Mania"............but I must tell you that I find it only fitting that I should share some of it with you, my followers...........Today I invite you to Ida's "Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade"....a fun linky party with prizes which will open for you to post your links next Wednesday, September 2nd!  Click on the image below and it will take you to the link-up page......


http://mysismademe.blogspot.com/2015/09/perfectly-pleasing-pincushion-parade.html




 I have added a button to the top of my right sidebar....will you please grab it and spread the word? 

  You will have a chance to link your favorite pin cushions...........they can be vintage pincushions....pin cushions you have made or your favorite pin cushions.........it's up to you!  Add your link and join the fun!  Prizes will include some of the pin cushions I have posted recently plus other great surprises.......

I will be posting some reminders between now and then......hope to see you there!




 

9 comments:

sunny said...

What a great idea! I'll be deciding which pin cushions to share. I have quite a collection.

Needled Mom said...

Your pin cushions are absolutely amazing! I LOVE the cactus one in the cup.....so clever. I will have to think which ones to link up. Can a gal ever have too many pincushions??????

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida,wow these are amazing,love them all xx

Hilachas said...

This Pincushion Mania or yours is fantastic. I enjoy seeing all your pincushions. You're always so creative. It's amazine how you can turne out so many fabulous pincushions. I can't wait to see them all in "real life" as soon as I get back home.

Anthea said...

Great ideas there Ida! I'll join in!

creations.1 said...

I will be joining in - love my pincushions!!

Lara B. said...

Each pincushion is so different from the others, it makes for quite a fun collection Ida!
I would not have guess that your pie crust was tea dyed batting. I'm pinning several of these to my "Stick with me" pincushion board on Pinterest!

kiwikid said...

LOVE your pincushions...am off now to choose my favourites!

Sharm said...

I love pincushions so I'll be joining in too